Monday 27 June 2022

#BookReview of Clement: The Templar’s Treasure (Clement, Book 3) by Craig R. Hipkins #YoungAdult #HistoricalFiction @CraigHipkins @maryanneyarde




Clement: The Templar’s Treasure
(Clement, Book 3)
By Craig R. Hipkins

Clement & Dagena return for another action packed adventure. From the cold and dreary shores of Greenland to the fabled land of Vinland. The legendary treasure of the Knights Templar awaits.


✧ My Review 


Having not read the first two books in the series I was a little apprehensive about diving in at the deep end with book three. Initially, I did find it a little confusing as to who everyone else was, but it did not take me an overly long time to figure out which character was which. Once I had identified all the characters I sat back and allowed myself to be swept away by the story.


Although this book is aimed at a young adult audience, I found myself thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. So much happens in this novel and Clement, the main character, is swept along as the events unravel in front of his eyes. Along with his friends, Clement tackles his somewhat unpredictable future head-on. There were times when I felt sorry for him (he really wants to marry Dagena but instead he finds himself in training to become a Knight's Templar). There is also a tantalising quest that he has to complete and an old enemy that he has to face.


I really enjoyed the author's take on the era the book is set in, but I also enjoyed the celestial /fantasy element as well. I can see this series becoming a firm favourite with a young adult audience. 


Purchase Link

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Amazon CA

Amazon AU

#KindleUnlimited


Craig R. Hipkins

Craig R. Hipkins grew up in Hubbardston Massachusetts. He is the author of medieval and gothic fiction. His novel, Adalbert is the sequel to Astrolabe written by his late twin brother Jay S. Hipkins (1968-2018) He is an avid long-distance runner and enjoys astronomy in his spare time.


Social Media Links:

Website   Twitter   Facebook   LinkedIn   Instagram   Pinterest  Amazon Author Page   Goodreads








1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed Clement: The Templar’s Treasure. Thank you so much for hosting today's tour stop.
    All the best,
    Mary Anne
    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete

✧ Book in the Spotlight ✧ The Viola Factor y Sheridan Brown

The Viola Factor  By Sheridan Brown Publication Date: 14th February 2024 Publisher: BookBaby Pages: 231 Genre: Historical Fiction "The ...