Thursday 30 July 2020

Review - The Templars by Dan Jones

 

The Templars 

By Dan Jones

 

The Knights Templar were the wealthiest, most powerful – and most secretive – of the military orders that flourished in the crusading era.

Their story – encompassing as it does the greatest international conflict of the Middle Ages, a network of international finance, a swift rise in wealth and influence followed by a bloody and humiliating fall – has left a comet's tail of mystery that continues to fascinate and inspire historians, novelists and conspiracy theorists. 

 

 

 

Review: 

So, obviously, after reading Daughter of War (The Knights Templar Book 1) by S.J.A. Turney, I needed to find out more about The Knight’s Templars and I figured the best way of doing this was to either a watch a documentary or read a book - I did both!

I am always slightly concerned about reading a non-fiction book because I guess; I fear that I am not going to be able to understand it. That the author will use terms that I am not familiar with. But thankfully, Jones uses language that is very accessible. And although this book does spend more time talking about the Crusades than the Templers, I did find it a very informative read.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

✧ Book in the Spotlight ✧ A Rose In The Blitz by Ann Bennett

A Rose In The Blitz By Ann Bennett Publication Date: 29th March 2024 Publisher: Andaman Press Page Length: 270  Genre: Historical Fiction / ...